After exiting the Scott's Gap section, Breeden put the hammer down and ran a sub-55 minute Siltstone return. This stretch of trail is the return from an out and back and the runners I passed on their way out weren't giving me any clue as to how far ahead he was. I didn't care. I was punishing myself, and giving it all I had regardless of anyone elses proximity to my churning legs. My one hour return on the Siltstone wasn't enough to bridge the gap he was forming.
- Beat last years time of 4:47
- Beat the Course Record from 2007 of 4:39
- Maintain a high heart rate
- Practice good nutrition by eating every 30 minutes
- Carb-load well the week prior to the race at a 70/18/12 carb/fat/protein ratio.
- Run from the core. Keep lower abs firm during the race. Kegel throughout.